Position / Title: Shop Assistant
Department: Fleet Services
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Servicing and repairing trucks, trailers, and Frac Shacks including field repairs when required.
- Diagnose equipment problems and determine repair needs; determine priority repairs with guidance from the Fleet Manager.
- Perform preventative maintenance and required repairs on the fleet to ensure good working condition as directed by the Fleet Manager.
- Maintain and monitor parts and fleet supplies inventory levels. Coordinate to ensure parts are available for the job prior to starting work; should the job require parts not in stock, request appropriate part for purchase.
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork including Field Level Risk Assessment prior to starting job and work order completion thorough the duration of job; work order to include time, assets, parts used, description of work done, and hours taken to complete.
- Possess the ability to stop work on one repair job and begin work on a higher priority job that comes into the shop as directed by Fleet Manager; effectively transition back to prior job when required.
- Perform annual DOT inspections.
- General facility up-keep, maintenance, and organization
- Pick up and drop off rental vehicles
- Cleaning and fueling of fleet vehicles
- Parts running
- Other duties as determined from time to time
- Must have 1 to 5 years’ experience with diesel mechanics, certification preferred
- Must possess a CDL with Hazmat endorsement or able to get one within 90 days.
- Must have own hand tools
- Ability to diagnostic mechanical/equipment failure issues.
- Knowledge of electrical / hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Ability to multitask between jobs.
- Able to read, understand, and follow safety procedures & policies.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be able to present self in a positive, professional manner to colleagues.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw conclusions
- Communications skills are a must. Require the ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from peers, managers, and dispatchers
Frac Shack™ is a fast paced, exciting and progressive company experiencing incredible growth! Our team includes employees who are high energy, creative and passionate about what they do. As a company, we pride ourselves on building a culture that values employees and promotes innovation, diversity, excellence in communication and commitment to personal/professional growth. Join our team and you will find Frac Shack advocates a healthy working environment and opportunities to experience the rewards of contributing to a proactive and competent team. To check out what a Frac Shack™ is, check out this video: Frac Shack™ Video
Frac Shack is an equal employment employer. All applicants considered are subject to a pre-employment screening including a drug and alcohol test, criminal record check, physical fitness test, and must have an acceptable motor vehicle report. Pre-access drug and alcohol testing may also be required dependent on the client site.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please Do Not Call.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for this role, please submit your resume and covering letter online here.